May 16, 2019 (Thur)
Time & Location
About The Event
1. RiverRock: RiverRock is a Private Equity fund manager that invests in life settlements, a non-correlated alternative asset class with low volatility and stable, predictable cash-flows. A life settlement is the purchase of life insurance policies for an amount higher than cash surrender value and less than the policy face amount. RiverRock has a ten-year history of success across six funds and over $210 million of AUM.
2. Mill Race Asset Group: Millrace focuses on small and microcap US companies seeking to find early discovery opportunities in future growth businesses or opportunities in neglected companies where an exciting catalyst is emerging. Tech, Business Service, and Health Care sectors are emphasized. The firm’s long/short strategy has a 17-year record.
3. Typhon Capital: Vulcan Metals Fund has been the strongest risk-adjusted performer in the commodities space. Rather than trading directionally, we exploit market structure opportunities that are created by operational-driven trading, such as speculators who optimize for leverage rather than absolute return, cross exchange arbitrage that can’t be cross margined, and an unwillingness of speculators to fully fund physical warrants or go through the paperwork process.
4. Maximus Long Short Equity Management: Maximus is a low-net exposure, long / short equity, fundamental value with a catalyst strategy focused on the Industrials and Materials sectors. New launch. Pedigreed PM (SAC/Point72, Visium and Aptigon/Citadel) and senior analyst (7 years at Cobalt and JL Advisors).
5. Shelton International Select Equity Strategy: Shelton International Select Equity Strategy is a concentrated international equity portfolio. Our distinctive approach, a life cycle approach, is the premise that a company generates value for its shareholders by successfully redeploying capital over time. The strategy has a GIPS-verified track record delivering outstanding performance for over 10 years.