November 12, 2019
Time & Location
About The Event
Alternative managers and topics of discussion:
1. Sandglass Capital Management
2. Outline Ventures
3. Marcus Investments
4. Strandview Capital
5. Shelton Capital Management
1. Sandglass Capital Management Sandglass is an emerging markets special situations, primarily in stressed and distressed EM credit. Six year track record. Sandglass believe this large and growing asset class is largely overlooked by both traditional and alternative investors, and offers substantive return and alpha generation opportunities.
2. Outline Ventures Group The Sybilla Masters $100MM Fund invests in female-led B2B tech startups because diverse teams led by women consistently demonstrate greater capital efficiency, returning 37% higher ROI. Led by seasoned investors with global business, M&A and tech expertise allied with a powerful consortium of trusted VC partners, Masters Fund capitalizes with equity and debt or dividend funding vehicles for earlier returns.
3. Marcus Investments, LLC Marcus RE Fund I, LP is a retail focused real estate fund managed by Marcus Investments, the family office of the Marcus Family. The fund focuses on "A" location open-air retail real estate power centers located in "B" tier or secondary locations throughout the greater Midwest generating high current yields and passive income offsets. The family is an experienced operator in the retail real estate market segment.
4. Strandview Capital Sector focused and thematic growth equity capital to financial technology/services companies. Defensive, contrarian, concentrated investment style. Focuses on smaller companies, established revenue, near-term profitability. Strong 12 year track record, 3 prior funds. Growth Fund is the fourth in a series of successful funds with a 30%+ IRR track record. Short J-curve at 80% deployed in less than two years.
5. Shelton Capital Management Shelton Capital, founded in 1985, is a boutique multi-asset class manager offering mutual funds, seperately managed accounts and hedge funds. With over $2 billion under management, several of our strategies employ a unique approach to portfolio construction seeking to generate differentiated and uncorrelated returns to enhance client portfolio outcomes. Mr.Benstead will discuss the opportunity to invest in our truly unique long/short credit hedge fund strategy, based on public US credit markets, that he has been running since 2005.