Thu, Oct 03|
Morton's The Steakhouse
October 3, 2019
Alternatives Roundtable Dinner event in New York City featuring five intriguing alternative managers discussing various opportunity sets. This will be an intimate event of ~20 people. We will send a confirmation email and calendar invite after your registration.
Time & Location
Oct 03, 2019, 5:30 PM
Morton's The Steakhouse, 551 5th Ave, New York, NY 10017, USA
About The Event
Alternative managers and topics of discussion:
- MP Securitized Credit Partners L.P. ("MPSC")
- A.G. Bisset Associates, LLC
- Lighthouse Canton - SageOne
- HP Ventures Group LLC - Development Services
- Permian Capital Management
1. MP Securitized Credit Partners L.P. ("MPSC"): An alternative asset manager that engages in fundamental credit investing across structured product markets with an emphasis on the residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) and commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) markets. MPSC is currently focused on the opportunity to short exposure to the loans backing class B/C enclosed malls that they expect to incur significant losses.
2. A.G. Bisset Associates, LLC: Currency specialist with over 30 years of experience of actively managing currency programs for institutional investors in North America and Europe. Bisset employs a systematic, disciplined investment strategy to implement its Currency Overlay Programs and return seeking strategies. The objective of Bisset’s Cycle-Based Currency Strategy is to harvest potentially high currency returns that exist in the first years after the 15-year currency cycle turns. Bisset’s research indicates that the 15-year cycles are robust and repeat. Three 15-year cycles have occurred since 1970. The third cycle completed in December 2016 and a new cycle has started. It is a seldom seen opportunity to profit from currencies rising.
3. Lighthouse Canton - SageOne: SageOne India Growth Fund is an India dedicated long-only equities strategy which invests in companies with high structural growth, strong profitability and quality management. The objective is to achieve strong risk-adjusted returns with minimal downside through low exposure to cyclicals, policy, macro, and corporate governance risks, and unproven business models. 12-20 high conviction stocks across multiple sectors, primarily in the small and mid-cap space. Since April 2012, generated an annualized return of 19% in USD terms. AUM of $112m.
4. HP Ventures Group LLC - Development Services: Founded in 2009, HP offers investments in multi-family rental projects in the Chicago area. HP’s edge is its specialist of knowledge of Chicago’s diverse submarkets, where housing demand has demonstrated a persistent shift toward renting compared to owning. HP’s niche is high-quality, middle-market properties that attract high-income tenants. HP creates value throughout a property’s life cycle with its in-house design, construction, and property management functions.
5. Permian Capital Management: San Francisco-based Actively Managed Crypto Fund that specializes in investing in digital assets and blockchain-based technologies. Fusing a deep expertise in digital engineering with decades of experience in finance, Permian focuses on highly liquid digital assets. Permian researches the top 200 digital assets by market capitalization and select those that they believe will move into the top 10 performers.